Saturday, November 14, 2009

Family Time Today

Today I got to spend some time with one of my sisters. Now, with that said there is a reason for my post. My sisters ( who are also twins) and I have not been speaking lately. By not speaking I mean not communicating at all for the last 6 months or so. They pulled away from the entire family for the most part. Not together but both in their own ways. It's been a rough 6 months I will just say that.


Now one of them has come to her senses. She has no kids so I really wasn't as worried about her so much so and the other one who has two kids. I am still worried and drive myself insane abut her but I know that if I just have faith in God he will show her the way in His own time.

It was an awesome day today. Alabama football and my sister and my Dad all here at my home together. It almost felt like old times again. It was a great game and great family time I have to say. We cooked dinner for everyone and afterwards my sweet tooth reared again and I was back in the kitchen making sweets to share.

I made chocolate covered pretzels. They were so yummy! I changed the type of chocolate I was using and had picked up some Wilton's melting chips during my trip to Wal-Mart this week and it made a total difference in dipping things and the way it covered. I knew it would secretly but with my cake pops before I just could not wait that long to make them. I know the next cake pops will be amazing!!

Here are the pretzels, well, what is left anyway:






And I also tried doing chocolate covered marshmallows with some marshmallows my son had left after he raided the bag while we watched the game, haha, he is just too cute!! They turned out great as well, and also were eaten up as fast as they could harden on the wax paper.

Here they are:




So here they are together:




I am going to be making the cake pops again soon but did not want to dive into that with company here tonight. Maybe tomorrow, I still have to pick up some styrofoam to stick the sticks into.

Now a question- I don't know if any of you can see it in the pictures but when the chocolate hardened it left a white look to them like spots on the chocolate.... is that normal??? Can it be fixed? If so, how do I keep it from doing that?



: )

No comments:

Post a Comment