Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cupcakes for Everyone, On A Stick, or Not

I was looking around yesterday at all of the blogs I am a subscriber of and as you know when you start blog hopping you can find lots of very cool and interesting things out there.

I found Bakerella's website!! Her site is just the coolest thing ever! She makes all sorts of beautiful colorful treats not to sell but for fun as lots of us do. I had read about her on another blogger's website- - She posted a picture of Cake Pops that she had made and explained they came from Bakerella's website. I just had to check them out.

I was amazed when I started looking at all of the treats and reading the comments. People are going crazy over these tiny little bites. Well that lit a fire. As a cake lover myself as well as having 3 children in my home I knew that if I made a go at these it would not be a waste, so off to the store I went : ).

I followed all the directions given by Bakerella, and it was so easy to do. Why has no one thought of this before?

They turned out great and the family loved them. If I had a digital camera I would post a picture but here is a picture from her website:



Click HERE to go to the instructions page. Or you can click HERE for another post with a little more instruction. : ) Hope these help!!

I have to say these little treats were DELICIOUS!! We absolutely loved them. The only thing I don't quite understand is how to make the chocolate a little bit thinner so that there is not so much pooling on the wax paper while hardening. Other than that they were awesome. They even looked great when I did them, just a little picky I guess about the thinner chocolate. Then again, maybe it was the brand of chocolate bark I used. I just got a basic brand at the local grocery store to 'practice' on this run. Next time I will use the Wilton's melting chocolates and that may make the difference.

Ok, what are you waiting for? You know you want some of these for yourself, get busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment